Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Vegetables: kevcarr59 picture (OKRA, Part llI)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kevcarr59

In reply to: OKRA, Part llI

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of OKRA, Part llI
kevcarr59 wrote:
The seeds look great and 100% popped open. These are the seeds that I have frozen last year & started using this year. Don't know what strain these are but so far, it looks like I will have almost 100% germination.

Will direct sow 3 or 4 tomorrow and can put the rest in 3" or 5" peat pots, or right into the container, not exactly sure what size, I know it's between 2.5 gallon & 5 gallon... Suggestion??? Either way would be easy at this point...

Talked with the other HEB bakery dept. and will see the manager in the morning about the buckets. Hopefully by the end of the weekend should have about 10 new buckets for my projects. They also use the 15# buckets, not sure about how deep they are, but would be concerned being too shallow for my use..

This is what the seeds look like and will go in the ground tomorrow...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America