Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: RickCorey_WA picture ( Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright RickCorey_WA

In reply to: Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of  Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds
RickCorey_WA wrote:
My belief is that tomatoes like it fairly warm before they benefit from going outside: if night go below 50F, it might be too cold out.

At SOME temperature, the cold would hurt them and they would take time to recover.

At some slightly higher temperature, they just wouldn't grow - what I call being sulky and just sitting there, doing nothing.

I'm not sure if "50F at night" is actively bad for transplantgs, but I was afraid it was, so I left them in pots and juyst carried the pots back inside every night predicted to go below 50.

If they are starting to get long and leggy indoors, they need more light and soil, so try to move them outside as soon as possible! May pot them up into something bigger, but still carry-able.

Or make a tent of plastic film to put over them olutside, to keep them warm at night!
The cheesy wire one is mine - the classy 10-foot PVC hoops are someone elses.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America