Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Beginner Gardening Questions: BlakeInCanada picture (How much peat moss to lower pH?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BlakeInCanada

In reply to: How much peat moss to lower pH?

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of How much peat moss to lower pH?
BlakeInCanada wrote:
With all of my paper towel seed sowing, I place the folded, moist paper towel into a ziplock bag, so that it doesn't dry out. But after a length of time, there will be mold, even if pre-soaking the seeds in peroxide and using distilled water and clean hands. I change the paper towel when this happens.

An example of good peroxide effects: Nigella damascena seed instructions say 1/8" deep in darkness, germinates in 10-15 days.

I soaked mine in a mild peroxide solution for a few hours and sowed into moist paper towel in a ziplock. Put it in a black box and left it between my window screen and pane. 4 days later they sprouted!

My balloon flowers are so tiny, really behind schedule too. And my columbines didn't come back! I went to my old apartment and every single one of the ones I planted outdoors came back and are blooming beautifully. *pout*

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America