Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Gardening Questions: BlakeInCanada picture (How much peat moss to lower pH?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright BlakeInCanada

In reply to: How much peat moss to lower pH?

Forum: Beginner Gardening Questions

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of How much peat moss to lower pH?
BlakeInCanada wrote:
With all of my paper towel seed sowing, I place the folded, moist paper towel into a ziplock bag, so that it doesn't dry out. But after a length of time, there will be mold, even if pre-soaking the seeds in peroxide and using distilled water and clean hands. I change the paper towel when this happens.

An example of good peroxide effects: Nigella damascena seed instructions say 1/8" deep in darkness, germinates in 10-15 days.

I soaked mine in a mild peroxide solution for a few hours and sowed into moist paper towel in a ziplock. Put it in a black box and left it between my window screen and pane. 4 days later they sprouted!

My balloon flowers are so tiny, really behind schedule too. And my columbines didn't come back! I went to my old apartment and every single one of the ones I planted outdoors came back and are blooming beautifully. *pout*

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America