Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Trash to Treasure: biddy52 picture (What is the strangest item you have ever re:purposed?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright biddy52

In reply to: What is the strangest item you have ever re:purposed?

Forum: Trash to Treasure

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of What is the strangest item you have ever re:purposed?
biddy52 wrote:
This is a three bowled cement laundry trough, which I bought from a recycling centre and mosaiced. A friend, a retired teacher loved the journey I travelled putting this together and wrote a children's story about it. I attended a Mosaic Symposium in Brisbane Oct 2010 and gave a presentation of "My Mosaic Journey" with a movie showing the trough from left to right, Louis Armstrong singing "A Wonderful World" in the background and me reading the story. It was well accepted and I felt very proud of what I had achieved. This being something that took me 6 months from start to finish and never having attempted anything like it before. I had only been doing mosaics a short time and had only mosaiced garden pots up until then. Sadly, I had to move last year and a dear mosaic friend bought it from me - she is enjoying it with herbs now.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America