Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: springer99 picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

Subject: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
springer99 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all well and enjoying your broms. Sorry I haven't been popping in, things are pretty busy at home at the moment and my time has been a bit limited and being the Admin of the brom group on Facebook, I have to get to it first. I did get your message Nev about starting a new thread in here for you all as yes the other one is getting a bit long. I did this one for May and June since we are already half way through May :)
We haven't added many broms to our collections since the poisoning, still dealing with more rotting out from it and working out which ones are rubbish bin material and which ones have reached a point of no longer dying and instead have started to give us a pup to save themselves. I don't throw any out until we are completely satisfied that there is NO coming back.... ie the fall to complete bits and then the trucnk ends up exploding into a rotten disgusting mess! Then we know.... they are well and truly cactus... dead..... beyond it. Then the pot, mix... everything from that brom... goes straight into the bin. Probably should keep the pot, but with what we have been through, a 50 cent pot is not worth the risk of infecting something else.

Well we came from the April thread here .... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1250088/

We did buy a few nice new neos from a local person who is selling up most of her collection, so I'll include a photo from that recent purchase.
This one is Neoregelia Purple Star.

Hope you are all well :)

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America