Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: splinter1804 picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone Ė Iím back again. I posted the first bit of this post on the previous thread as thatís where the things were that I was commenting on. But itís very pleasing to see a few more people posting again especially now thereís a male on the forum as well.

Tash Ė Thanks again for coming to the rescue and starting a new thread for us once again. I think youíre doing the wise thing in holding off from getting too many new plants until youíre well and truly sure the cause of your problems have been sorted out.

I love the Neo. Purple Star though, itís certainly one to be admired, and like Wendy I have a few which Iím hanging on to as well. I could sell everyone of them as ďquick as a winkĒ because everyone who sees them wants to buy them. Was that one from our mutual friendís collectionĒ? She had a really good clone of it and she does grow good quality Neoís. I have a few others from different growers and although not as good, theyíre all still nice.

Wendy Ė Just beware of these pains in the back when you have a cold; if itís just the usual aches and pains, no problem, but if itís a ďsharpĒ pain it could be the start of pleurisy and you need to see a doctor quick smart or it will lay you low a lot longer than a cold will.

You say you have a problem with Johnny flicking channels on the T.V; well I have the same problem with my wife. The thing is she can watch two programmes at once and still follow them, when I complain Iím told I should learn to multi-skill like a woman!

Iím a bit like you Wendy and have to rely on a note book to remember things as well. The only problem is I often forget where I put the bloody note book!

Iíve seen pictures of trees loaded with Tillís in other peopleís collections as well; infact our president had a Bottle Brush at the front of his house on which he mounted three Tillís a few years back; now there are Till. Seedlings popping up all over the place and it makes you wonder that if they started up in the bush somewhere could they become feral like the ďold manís whiskersĒ has in some areas?

Shirley Ė I like your Neo Peggy Bailey, itís a fine example of an albo-marginated plant. And I donít think I can say anything about Purple Star that hasnít already been said. With Neo Midnight (previously called Voo Doo), you can get all of the green markings out of the foliage if you want to by growing it in a pretty much shaded area, in fact it will be that close to black that itís hard to see it isnít.

As for the collection belonging to Nina and Jarka Rehak which I spoke of in the previous thread, yes they did it all themselves but I think Nina is the main designer, she never stops. I havenít got any picís but if I get up there again Iíll take some but itís so steep itís hard to capture it and show it accurately.

Well Iíd better finish as Iíve already written a bit on the previous page so a few more picís of Lyndiís Singapore Garden to finish up with.

All the best, Nev.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America