Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: DawnSong picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DawnSong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
DawnSong wrote:
Good morning world. Doesn't seem quite so cold this morning.

Nev, I personally am not growing the Sapphire Tower Puya, but there is a man in Brisbane that does grow it. It is a very spikey plant and needs room in a more open, sunny sort of space. I just don't have that here. Glad your workshop went so well. It sounds like the attendees had a lot of fun. Well done.

Wendy, it seems Redlands has a lot of power problems. Barry loses power and phones me up to talk rather than sitting alone in the dark. We seem to have a good set up here and haven't actually lost power very often at all over the years. Hope that cold has gone for good now and that you are feeling back on top of the world again.

Geoff, those Puya are an amazing flower, but I don't feel drawn to the plant itself. But the flowers are real stunners, and such colours!

Shirley, love the Kiwi group. Yours will be looking like a million dollars when it grows. Mine has grown so big and they are all real eye catchers. I hope this sudden cold isn't going to affect my plants. One day some plants are budding up, thinking its Spring, next its so cold they go all limp.

Pic is a bill. noid I got from Olive's. I just liked the pink trim. I think it had a name but with all the handling, the tag must have fallen out.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America