Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: splinter1804 picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Good morning everyone, or at least Karen; seems the rest of you have all gone "walk-about” once again.

Karen – I see by your pic that your Ae. Benrathii is now coming into flower like they seem to be everywhere down here. I was looking around the garden yesterday for something to take some pic’s of and there was a nice little border of them in flower around the Peppercorn Tree but it was getting late in the day so I gave them a miss as I would have needed to clean them all first as they were all covered in bird “poo” from where the birds roost nightly in the tree above.

Regarding my episodes of Arrhythmia, I would say they are only very mild. They rarely occur now and when they do, they only last for a few hours and don’t really prevent me from doing anything except they really make me feel really “rotten” while I’m doing it; and it’s a strange feeling and hard to describe, but you would know all about that.

Your mention about a bird flying into your house reminds me of an incident that happened here a few months back now. I was typing one morning about 8.00 am and I heard a scratching sort of sound in the hall which leads though the house to this room where the computer is. When I got up to investigate, I was surprised to see a young Magpie “Jacko” walking up the hall toward me. When I went into the hall, he just turned around and walked back down the hall, through the lounge room and into the kitchen and then out the back door. It seems he was getting impatient for breakfast which I usually feed about eight o’clock, because he then flew onto the handrail of the back deck and started “warbling” and kept this up until I gave him a bit of mince.

I was going to get out in the yard today and sort and re-pot some Ae. Blanchetiana seedlings but it’s 5.40am and as I sit here typing this I can hear the rain on the roof so it looks like I’ll be catching up on my paper work instead.

I’ll finish with a few random pic’s I took around the yard and shade house yesterday afternoon starting with one of my early seedlings, Neo. [Charm x Cracker Jack] x Self, No 2 is a clump of Bill. Amoena in the garden, Pic's No 3 and 4 (which are both Neo Strawberry Cream) once agin show the influence that light has on the foliage colour of Neo's . The plant in Pic. 3 is grown in good light while the plant in Pic 4 is grown in low light. Finally Pic. No 5 is Neo. Fairy Dust.

All the best, Nev.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America