Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi all,

Things are still very quiet here at the moment. We are trying to get organised to go away later in the week but can’t seem to get motivated, maybe it’s because of the cold. We have been having such beautiful sunny days, but it’s getting hard to get out of that nice warm bed of a morning and it gets dark so early and nights are very cool. I could happily hibernate for the winter.

We went to the local market on Saturday morning. Not as many plant stalls there this week but I did buy a nice neo ‘Gee Whiz’ for $5.00 and I will attach a pic.

Wendy, I really love the colour of your billbergia fruit salad. I don’t have any bills at the moment but that one is a winner.

Nev, speaking of mistakes beginner brom enthusiasts make … Not long ago, I found my neo Jewellery Shop had scale, mostly on the leaf tips on the undersides of the leaves. So I removed them (the scale) and then gave the brom a good spray with white oil and placed it in the shade so it wouldn’t burn, away from the other broms. It has turned a very unhealthy shade of brown and I now know NOT to use white oil on broms.

Karen, hope you enjoyed your day bird watching with Barry.

Wish I had more news to pass on but that’s it from me for tonight. Busy week ahead if we are going to get away.

cheers, Shirley

Wendy, just read your post … maybe we’ll run into you in Hervey Bay. We are going to Woodgate Beach for a week then heading back to Hervey Bay for a few days then home in time to get along to the caravan & camping show.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America