Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Bird Watching: 2dCousinDave picture (Bluebirds- Spring 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 2dCousinDave

In reply to: Bluebirds- Spring 2012

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bluebirds- Spring 2012
2dCousinDave wrote:
Not me... ever. But then, mine never really leave my yard. When they fledge they fly to the trees right behind the house and I saw (some of) them there every day. They started coming to the deck for meal worms with the parents in less than a week and now they are flying down on their own when they see me out on the deck. As I mentioned earlier( I think), Mama started her second nest on Monday following the Friday they fledged and three of the four eggs she laid hatched this morning. I think she started earlier than usual this time because other birds were showing an interest in the nest box. Can't imagine why yours haven't returned, David. Possibly they found another nest box because they certainly should be nesting by now.. If they did try a different location, they may show up at yours for the third nesting (about a month from now). And maybe a different pair will choose your box before then.

Good Luck.

I was going to post the last photo on the "It's a Bird's World" thread, but I will I will add it here instead.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America