Photo by Melody

Beginner Landscaping: pjo picture (Japanese maple tree question)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pjo

In reply to: Japanese maple tree question

Forum: Beginner Landscaping

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Japanese maple tree question
pjo wrote:
Mine replaced it's leaves after being burned by frost three times this year. I have a Bloodgood Japanese maple and the damaged leaves fell off and it grew new ones. I am attempting to post a photo of my tree---I'm not really good with computers. ha Anyway, if your problem is deer, there is a product on the market that I use and it really works. It is supposedly environment friendly with natural ingredients. It has a rather unpleasant odor but that goes away after it dries (it's a spray) but the deer and rabbits still can detect it, well it works on WV deer anyway. It's also a repellant so they don't taste first, they just stay away. The product is called Liquid Fence and it smells like rotten eggs and garlic. Actually I'm used to the smell now so it's not a big deal. A master gardener friend recommended it to me and I was skeptical at first, then pleasantly surprised. After it is established on your plants it only needs periodic applications. I always reapply after a big rain. good luck

pjo

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America