Photo by Melody

Article: Tater Chitting: Preparing Your Seed Potatoes for Planting: Liquidambar2 picture (Organic?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Liquidambar2

In reply to: Organic?

Forum: Article: Tater Chitting: Preparing Your Seed Potatoes for Planting

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Organic?
Liquidambar2 wrote:
Hi Bev;
Sorry about the big guys and the bees.

My duaghter's silkie hen has hatched out 9 more chicks, and this time two are polish and the rest silkies - maybe two are mixed.

She was a work today - she is a nurse - so I walked out there with my cup of coffee - lecturing myself that it is her job to get this hen out of the cage, fenced off from the rest and not me. She was so ready to come out - so I guiltly took my coffee and walked over to the garden to see how the rain did it all.

Potatoe bugs were going to town on my potatoes. The infestation was not as bad as it was the one year that I did not use stuff - but it is plain that the nuprine I used in March has worn off, and I will not spray more - for I plan on starting eating these in a month at least. So I got out a bowl of soapy dishwater and started picking them off. I have already tried the big juicy one to give to the chickhens but they refused.
But what about those bugs that are still tiny - tiny - tiny?????
I broke off the tips of the potatoes and took it to the chickens and they did pick at them (can't hardly see them - myself- but I think they ate them.

Okay - I fenced and moved the hen and her chickes out of the cage and checked on the potatoes inside the chicken run.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America