Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Seed Germination: vitrsna picture (Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm')

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright vitrsna

In reply to: Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm'

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm'
vitrsna wrote:
that's funny about the swan...maybe she was disgusted with you because there was no dijon mustard and a bit of cheese on it. gosh i don't know about birds like that (opposed to sea gulls who seem to be able to eat anything and everything) eating bread...i wonder if they can digest it or if the bread ends up being little balls of dough in their stomachs that they need to cough up? well, i wonder about a lot of things.

thanks for your good wishes. they are very much appreciated. i know rudbeckia hirta grows in my zone...it just doesn't grow in my garden apparently. i have ordered some gaillardia seeds that are good through zone 10b so maybe i'll have more luck germinating them.

in the meantime, the rudbeckia hirta are still in the refri...so all hope is not lost. also the little guy in the backyard (a r.fulgida goldstrum) is tiny but appears strong and growing (albeit slowly). he is in full sun and just seems happy as can be. so, i think he'll make it unless something eats him. here is a photo of the little dude which is digital macro so the photo is about twice as large as the actual plant. "say hello to mr. corey, little dude"..."hi mr. corey, pleased to meet you".

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America