Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

Mike, thanks for the ID on vriesea Fosteriana dark form. I love the colour in your Kiwi Sunset and Iíll have to get me one of those Ae harvís pride ... very nice. You certainly have some lovely broms, your Johannas De Rolf is just gorgeous. You mention the alba pup on the Ae Ensign wonít last long Ö I guess thatís because of itsí lack of colour. I remember reading somewhere that the first Ae Ensign pup is often the only one with good colour and each one after the first is more lacking in colour Ö donít know too much about them as I have only just purchased mine.

Nev, thanks for the info on the Bromeliad Forum. Havenít had a chance to look in on it yet. I would also like a copy of the little booklet you mention, please. Canít help with any tips for growing Ae Ensign though.

Karen, I have been feeling the cold here Ö must be warmer over your side of town LOL. At least weíre not as cold as Colleen must be Ö try to keep warm, Colleen.

Sue, I am quite new to growing broms and still have a lot to learn. I think the Ae Ensign is lovely too, even in itsí present neglected state. Maybe you could give both Nev and myself some growing tips.

Attached is a pic of my newly acquired neo carcharodon tiger. I will have to get it into more sun, not that weíve seen any here for a few days and the rain is said to continue for a week or more.

Thatís about it for me tonight, goodnight all

Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America