Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Bird Watching: linthicum picture (DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright linthicum

In reply to: DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441
linthicum wrote:
Nice photos everyone. With all the heat, bird activity and MY activity have slowed to a crawl.

I have recently photographed a few Scarlet Tanagers, one of my favorite birds. In doing so, I learned something new. I took several photos of one Scarlet Tanager and they were orange looking. So, I thought it was the camera settings, sun, etc. I then started some research on how to turn Orange into Red, in Photoshop. I never did accomplish that, but ...... I came across the fact that there apparently is an Orange variant of the Scarlet Tanager. I learned something new.

I had a pre-order, since 2/8/12, for a new camera, a Nikon D800e. Then, I switched the order to the D800. And then, after waiting for 5 months, I finally cancelled my order. The wait was one thing but there seemed to be a number of "bugs" with this release. So, on one hand, I'm glad I didn't get an earlier release. I plan to still get one as soon as I feel comfortable that the problems have been resolved. The demand for this DSLR has been unprecedented. At 36 megapixels, I'm not sure my computer will be able to handle the files efficiently. I expected to be blown away by the image quality of this camera but from what I've seen I haven't been overwhelmed. But, I've got to try it for myself. My current camera is nearing 100,000 actuations, anyway

Keep COOL !!!!!!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America