Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: bromalong picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromalong

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
bromalong wrote:
Good God who left the bloody fridge door open!!!!! Will someone down south please shut the thing?
Colleen, Sue is spot on about the use of granular fertiliser the idea is to use only one grain or prill per basal leaf you could do that with a few of the leaves but not all of them, but and do it when the weather warms up a bit, down your way I would think growth is slow. You could try the plastic bag and apple thing with your fasciata that does work, Aechmea Fasciata is not one of my favourite member of the brom family its been inbred more times than a Tasmanian woodsman, the first broms to come from the new world were annanus (pineapples) in the late 1490,s the next brom was Ae Fasciata since then they have been inbred/hybridised and tissue cultured so many times that its extremely hard to find a stable plant (that doesn’t mean that I do not have any AF but I have turned a lot into mulch) Sue I am pleased to hear that you are able to get all that lovely produce, we have a very soft spot for avocados but our season has passed till after Christmas bummer!!!!!!!!! We have to buy them from the supermarket. Karen great shot of the osprey it would be something special to be able to overlook a nest of such magnificent birds
Gee Nev has some catching up to do.
1 neo shirly k
2 fasciata
3neo nelson

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America