Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Morning all, Karen, I hope your hospital visits are short and painless, and that you are managing to keep warm, It seems strange that you get colder morning temps than us? We have been below 5 degrees once in the last 10 years.
Mike, thanks for clarifying the fertiliser application. Its good that someone has got my back. Theres things you know instinctively, but don't think to put in instructions, which can lead to disaster. I love the pictures,so much colour in your Neoregelias.
Shirley, lucky you to have good grandkids. I hope you have a good time with them, and they with you.
I managed to paint the front of a house yesterday and have made a start on a garden revamp. The rain came last night, but its not light enough outside yet to see how today looks. Hopefully there will be some fine periods to get out there. Not sure I really enjoy working with wet dirt (mud). Boy, you really know when you've put in an effort! I could hardly move last night!
I put some before and after photos of the house, and the before photo of the garden. The last photo is where I am up to. I managed to gain another foot of pathway, as the edging has moved over the years. Its taking ages to lift all the scoria, which I am using elsewhere, and to also get as much of the onion weed out. I will put new weedmat down when its cleared out, then plant and mulch it. It should look great!
Sue

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America