Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone, hoping for a fine day tomorrow so we can go to the market Ö maybe score a couple of new broms. I did take some photos today and I will post a couple of them each night until I run out and then hopefully take a few more to share with everyone.

Mike, thanks for the ID on my neo.

Tash, great to hear from you Ö itís been ages. Hope the dramas you were having with the broms in your shadehouse have been sorted.

We have been putting together another shadehouse. The original shadehouse refurb has been put on hold as it doesnít get enough sun for the broms, especially in winter as it is in shade from tall eucalypts in the park next door practically all day. We will look at it again in summer and we may be able to make better use of it then. This new one is smaller and will join on to one end of the back patio. It faces north east and we are using beige shadecloth so it will be nice and bright.

Think I might wait till itís complete before adding any pics. OK Ö just one Ö to show where we are at. Just the framework in place at the moment and still quite a bit to do. Looks a bit daggy right now as my broms are hiding under a temporary shadecloth cover attached to the patio till we get it finished. Progress has been rather slow thanks to lots of rain and various other hold ups but very pleased with the result so far.

Pics are 1. neo Canefire 2. neo High Hopes 3. new shadehouse

Bye for now Ö ave a good weekend !!

Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America