Photo by Melody

Beginner Vegetables: sevseasail picture (What's going on with my tomatoes ?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright sevseasail

Subject: What's going on with my tomatoes ?

Forum: Beginner Vegetables

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of What's going on with my tomatoes ?
sevseasail wrote:
I have a few tomato plants down in the garden on the ground on raised beds, no problems here, however I also have three tomato plants on the deck in 5Gls buckets, growth wise they seem to be doing better as the deck gets sun all day opposed to the raised beds that gets about 7 hrs of sun.

The plants on the deck have some tomatoes that seem to have to start rotting from the bottom, not all the fruit, though, some are good and some are affected (within the same plant, even within the same "bunch"). They start getting dark on the bottom and then it progresses to look like rot.

I water the plants every morning, I pour about one gallon of water on each and have been fertilizing with fish emulsion (same as the ones on the raised beds) every 3 to 4 weeks.

Any ideas on what's causing this and what can I do to stop loosing fruit?

Oh.... also, on this plants about a month ago I found some of those bright green caterpillars with the horn on them, they were eating the leaves on these three plants, I carefully removed them and they have not been back.

Thank you for all your replies !!!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America