Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Bird Watching: Chillybean picture (DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Chillybean

In reply to: DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441
Chillybean wrote:
Our birding lately consists of trying to keep baby Barn Swallows in the nest and our Robins fed. Both birds are nesting right were we can see them out a window and its hard letting nature take its course. We had a time finding mealworms for the Robins, but they seem to like the nightcrawlers I've been putting out.

Our Barn Swallows hatched 24 June. There are five babies. I only learned today, there were five. I had thought four.
Picture one: Three-day old Barn Swallow
Pic Two: Nine days old
Pic three: Twelve days and out of the nest
Pic 4: Taken today, day 13 and after countless times of putting babies back in the nests, my husband built this. I was getting concerned that the parents would stop coming because of how often I'd have to go out. The parents have taken to it just fine. I am sure one or more are in there already.
Pic 5: The two parents resting in the heat of the day.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America