Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS MAY & June 2012
perke_patch wrote:
hi everyone.
sorry I haven't posted for a few nights. I do check the postings but don't always have time to respond. We're going to the produce tomorrow so may have to check if they have condies and how much I have to buy. perhaps if it is a big bag we might be able to split a bag between a few of us. I'll check tomorrow and get back to you all.

I just tried to start a new thread and I just can't work out how to do it. I know I've done one before but I can't work it out now. must be feeling blonde at the moment. looked at all tabs but nothing looked like where I had to be. Ah well, if someone else doesn't do it I'll have another look earlier tomorrow night. Maybe I'm just too tired to think properly now.

Sue I love your makeover. You just keep working and working don't you? fancy painted a house and redoing a garden for someone. good on you. I leave things like that to Johnny. He's talking about how I'll cope if anything happens to him so he must be feeling pretty yuk at the moment. I just emailed his immunologist tonight so we may have to go see him again soon instead of months away. I think we're still up in the air from that extra week between infusions.

I've got lots of new pics but laptop doesn't like posting too many at once. I'll use a new one tonight.
pic 1 is a new billbergia called medowie gift.
Pic 2 is a couple of large billbergias. one on right is amoena rubra grown in full sun. the one on left is out of Ross Little's front garden grown in deep shade.

I now have it in partial sun and it is colouring. I thought it might have been amoena rubra too with different colour because of shade but I'm not sure. johnny says they look different but look similar to me. can't remember if flowers had a difference. anyhow i like the big ones so I don't care if it doesn't have a name. We've been crossing pollen among all the flowering broms so I'm going to try some hybrids not necessarily to name and register.

I'm off to bed again. always seem to finish with that don't I.

Night everyone.
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America