Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Bird Watching: TheHackster picture (DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright TheHackster

In reply to: DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of DAILY BIRD PICS VOL. 441
TheHackster wrote:
Today, Friday the 13th :( wasn't a great day for snapping pics. It was overcast, so I couldn't crank up the shutter speed, but I did get four shots.

1- This female cardinal is perched on the iron bars that support my feeders. Later, she flew down and ate. Seems like I'm seeing a lot more males, 'course, it could just be my imagination.

2- This Carolina Chickadee, so fast, but I finally got a pic. I always have several of them flitting around.

3- I haven't seen a Downy Woodpecker in a little while. Here's a male, see the red on the back of his head? At first I was thinking it was a Hairy Wp - until I saw the black dots on the white tail feathers. If you look closely, you can see one of the dots.

4- Another hard-to-photo bird. This Tufted TItmouse stayed just long enough for me to take a pic. I think if the feeder had been more full, I might not have been so fortunate. It really had to work to get out a sunflower seed.

This message was edited Jul 13, 2012 5:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America