Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: splinter1804 picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Back at last thanks to advice from Tash and some computer “jiggling” by my son. Hopefully all the problems are past now and I can get on with doing what I like to do best, talking to friends about brom’s.

It’s good to see you all putting up regular posts and pictures and even when I couldn’t take part in the discussions I could still occasionally open up the forum page and look at the pics and read the comments; but it was very, very frustrating not to be able to participate.

I had a phone call from Colleen a day or two back and she’s grounded with a bad back, so I’m sure you’ll all join with me in sending Colleen a big get well soon wish.

Bree - I have to agree with the others, your plant certainly looks like ‘Manoa Beauty’ to me as well. I can’t be sure but your second plant could also be a ‘Manoa Beauty’ which has been grown with more light or possibly even an immature ‘Painted Desert’, a bit hard to be definite though.

Tash – That’s a great variegated plant you got from Allan and it does look like it will make a good transmitter but with the added benefit of great colour and shape as well; you've certainly done a great job of growing it, but don't show Allan or he might want it back!. Also, don’t forget the “old fart” when you have a bit of spare seed will you?

That’s about it from me now as I have my youngest son and his family here from Bali for a couple of weeks so I’d better make the most of it as we only see them once a year.

All the best, Nev.

A few pic's to finish with, 1st is one I got from Jen. Neo 'Bold Streak' x Mc Williamsii, 2nd, one of my favourites Neo 'Purple Star', 3rd is Vr 'Megan' and 4th and 5th are a side and top view of what I think is a very much underrated plant, Ae. Rakete

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America