Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chookie2 picture (TEA ROOM # 110)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
chookie2 wrote:
Hi Everyone, cool and sunny this morning.

I spent yesterday sorting some of the Peridot I found at the quarry .Took a very blurry pic (sorry my hand shakes these days).
Most are not big enough to facet so I will make some kind of natural necklace with them I think. Still hoping to find a bigger one one day.
Here is another site that has some lovely gems on it.
http://www.realgems.org/list_of_gemstones/peridot.html
Click on gemstones to find a long list of just about every gem there is.
Funny that they write some of our states off as having very little though - easy to see they don't really know Australia and only list the famous places that are economically viable I think.

LOL Colleen I love Cackleberry Castle too - maybe a name change in order! My handyman says I need to make a nice sign for the front so that is on the agenda too. I actually have a half finished painting of a castle I began for my grandaughter and never finished- she grew out of fairies and castles before I got it done ! LOL Maybe that would make a good background for the sign - what do you think???

The handyman is making me a nesting box that opens outside with a lift up roof on it- should be ready to fit tomorrow. Yes Lucy will love her new home. Have a partner coming to keep her company too - he is a lovely coloured rooster- just hope my neighbours won't complain - there is another rooster in the village a few blocks away and he is OK I think, so it should be alright. The council said it's fine to have a rooster as long as no one complains because I am actually rural and outside the edge of the village.
Lucy is actually laying too many eggs! I am getting three eggs every two days because where her pen is now is near the street corner light and her pen is not dark enough at night so she is over laying - the new pen will give her some relief from that, poor girl she is too good and will burn herself out if she keeps it up.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America