Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: splinter1804 picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright splinter1804

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
splinter1804 wrote:
HI everyone,

Well the family has gone home again and we now have our house back. It was nice to have them home for a while and we look forward to it every year, but it’s still good to get our house back and run it just to suit ourselves (both “old farts”)

Shirley – They’re two nice looking little plants you picked up yesterday. It’s a bit early to say for sure but I think the Nid could be Nid. ‘Ruby Lee’ which when grown in good light (not full sun) will give beautiful colour.

As for sellers keeping records, I had an old friend who sold brom’s at the markets and although he had an extensive named collection, he never had names on the plants he sold, and when I asked him why, he said that 99% of buyers didn’t worry about a name anyway and if they really wanted to know they could ask and he could tell them so why go to the trouble of writing a name tag for 1% of your customers?

Still raining down here, there was a little window between the rain yesterday and I was able to get some pic’s of Bill. ‘Kip’ pup which was flowering prematurely which will hopefully help Mike in identifying his plant one way or the other. The other is Nid. ‘Ruby Lee’ just so Shirley can see what her pup may turn out like.

All the best, Nev.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America