Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: chookie2 picture (TEA ROOM # 110)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright chookie2

In reply to: TEA ROOM # 110

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of TEA  ROOM  # 110
chookie2 wrote:
Good morning everyone, Welcome Al always good to hear tales from afar.
yesterday I went for a Sunday drive to Warrnambool - went to the Sunday market but the plant lady was not there so I went to Bunnings and spent too much. Got a nice well grown Hazelnut to add to my hedge and now have two as pollinators. Got an Annie Blueberry too plus a few rescues and at last I brought my long wanted first zygocactus for my new home - a pink one unnamed .

Also a well grown camellia named Susan - well I couldn't resist ! I have been planted a named plant for each of my children and grandchildren but didn't think of one for me until I saw it there. It is going to be on the side fence where I can watch it flower from the window and also it will add to the privacy hedge for next door. Since I had the tall trees cut down for more sun they have had to look into my yard so I am trying to add back their lost privacy as fast as I can.

Thanks Karen for that info = the Beenleigh market won't be too far from my son at Labrador so I will get him to go look or maybe wait until I get there and go with him.

I added five goldfish to the second pond yesterday too - the frogs have made themselves so much at home that it is absolutely full of tadpole eggs - far too many - so I thought the fish may cull a few.I know many many will survive as the fish couldn't possibly eat that much. I want to encourage frogs but we are talking millions of eggs ! LOL The frog songs are getting louder as more frogs arrive , I have lost count of how many have found the ponds now but I love their night songs, my neighbours may not come Summer though!

Anthony I hope the frosts are not doing as much damage to your garden as mine did here- my poor plants have been really bitten hard and my Jostaberry burnt to a crisp- yes it also my brugmansia too.Hopefully Spring will see them recover , time will tell.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America