Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi all.
I usually try to catch up on the reading but I've been awol for over a week. no reason. just over the computer and fb basically. I've just been reading then turning off and doing puzzles and watching TV. haven't even thought to switch over to dg. last few times I checked there was nothing happening. we've been busy mainly because our mentor Phyllis Hobbs fell and broke her hip so at first we were visiting her in hospital and now she is home someone has to help her up and down the stairs. she has a split level home so 3 different levels all with stairs between. any 1 level is not really suitable to live in but ...... anyway first day she made it downstairs she couldn't get back up that night and had to spend the night in her lounge chair so early next morning I had to rush down there to help her back upstairs. Couldn't be done by just Sue and me so we had to phone ambos to help. we set up 2 rooms upstairs for her to live in now. when we visit we go upstairs to her sunroom/spare bedroom. otherwise she spend time in her bedroom with TV etc all set up for her up there. we have to help her up and down stairs for doctors appts though. always something to do.
Johnny has also been unwell with flu. his immune system doesn't provide any help for him to ward off these things so he picks up everything. any I can't make him rest and allow his body to heal. so I'm living with the mongrel bear from the eastern suburbs. just ask Jen. hahaha. not much getting done in the garden. we just potter around a bit but spend a lot of time downstairs where the sun comes in during winter. luckily the potting table is in a patch of sunshine most of the day.
Shirley those new NOID plants you posted picks of, I think the nidularium is tapestry. I thought your mini neo was actually vr guttata. it has the spots like that. is it a soft leaf or a harder neo type leaf? love all the other pics posted.
I have a lot of new plants and have lots of pictures but I haven't uploaded any for quite a few days. I'll try to find something new to post a pic of for you all. I recently added a lot of cryptanthas to my collection. one I really love is called wirley gig (see pic 1) there were 2 in the pot crowding each other so I split them and made 2 pots allowing them to both spread out and show their best shape. pic 2 is another one called goldie langdon.
I won't try to upload any more as it will probably crash and I'll lose it all.
I'll finish with saying welcome back Nev. we've all missed you and your coversations. welcome to all the new people from OS.
well time for bed again. can't wait for winter to be over. I also hate the cold.
Night all
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America