Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
morning campers! does anyone remember that show? can't recall the name of it.
Nev, the first pic was Edmundoa lindenii variegata. I only ID'd the Crypt and mention the photo further down the post. I had Alvim seidel but hes living with someone else now. A much darker green plant, and huge! Your gardens are looking very neat and colourful. Are they recent pics or are you still delving into the older files! I must get out and take some too. Yesterdays pics were taken 10 minutes before posting, so maybe I'll go get a few now?
Wendy, I'm not sure, but I think Nid 'Tapestry' (thats your pet name for it isn't it?) might be a form of Nid 'Rubens' as it is very similar. Does your tapestry have long stolons?
Your golden crypt looks nice, and is at least a different colour than the usual. Say hi to Johnny for me, and hope he recovers fromhis cold before it drives you to distraction.
Karen, i have never seen those bugs before. I wonder what they find so appealing about the plant they are on?
Colleen, your collection is looking great. It must be one of the biggest in SA by now? heh heh . Or at least its on its way to being the biggest.
Bree, I think your stars and bars is probably correct. I had one and didn't find it to be all that eye catching, so sold it on. Theres only so much room and I prefer the brighter and better marked ones. I must admit, I never fully matured it, but it was close, and still didn't seem to appeal to me.
So, my first pic is Vriesea ospinae, finally blooming!
second pic is my bromeliad bird in the shadehouse
third pic is Portea kermesina almost fully in bloom
and the forth is a rather large flowering Guzmania, which I think is G. 'Optima' ?
Sue

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America