Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
good morning. Birds are singing, no wind is raging, and we had a drop of rain overnight to wash the dust off. The fernery renovation is going well, and I have a whole day to devote to it today. I am a bit tired though, as I couldn't sleep last night, for ideas, and woke early ith the same ideas fighting in my head, so I am up and about to make ANOTHER list and prepare some more drawings and plans. I have decided to ask the experts about my ideas on irrigation, as it has always been a bit hit and miss in the past, and while I have the opportunity to start again, I might as well get it right!
Anyway...Wendy, sounds like you had a nice day out even though the fish were scarce. Seems to be the way of it now. I can't see alot of difference in your Tapestry and Vulcan, is it in the flower? Vulcan looks alot my Rubens. I must go look them up and see if they are in the registry?
Karen, I too am happy about the way the broms can look after themselves. Of all the plants I have, they are the least time consuming. That means for you, no guilt if you can't get to thm momentarily!
Shirley, what a nice eclectic mix of plants there! I even spotted the Kale! I hope your day was a good long one, and not a disastrous long one? Its a bit hard to tell through the written word. I hope today is not so long for you:) Spring will be welcome here too, but I must admit, I am enjoying the respite from the vigorous growth in spring and summer, and the weeds have slowed somewhat, which gives me time to do other chores, and the garden is looking quite nice. I must go look in my old DG diary and see what pictures I have in there. Much will be out of date now!
Hi Nev, Colleen, Mike, Bree and anyone else looking in.
Sue
pic is Leo amongst the Alcantareas

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America