Photo by Melody

Bird Watching: Chillybean picture (Daily piccies vol 442)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Chillybean

In reply to: Daily piccies vol 442

Forum: Bird Watching

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Daily piccies vol 442
Chillybean wrote:
nutsaboutnature, Now why didn't we ever think of using the paint can opener, like you mentioned?! We store flour and oats in those things and the battles we've had!! One determined child had oats all over the place one morning.

First picture is from Thursday, a Bobolink. This probably belongs on the Appalling Photos thread, but I was thrilled to see these birds after we thought they left. What age or gender I have no clue since the males molt out of their breeding attire.

We are still amazingly blessed with the Red-headed Woodpeckers. They started coming a week ago and have not left. They cleaned us out of the nuts in the platform today and are storing them in the power poles nearby. For the most part, it seems our visiting Red-headeds are getting along. We've seen three at once. Is that normal behaviour? In the winter, the Red-bellieds never liked any others of their kind. I sure wish I could tell them, "There's enough for all, so stop your fighting!" This photo is a youngster.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America