Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone. facebook is playing up again. last night I gave up on it and turned the computer off before I thought about dg. anyway I sat in my office with my feet up and watched a heap of episodes of mastershef right up to the finale. I enjoyed sitting with my feet up doing nothing but watch tv. it was 1:30 by the time I got into bed. LOL

anyway I've given up on fb and back on the laptop. I've done a bit of uploading of photos and named them, organised into folders by genera etc. I still have to update my spreadsheet with all the new plants over the last 4 or 5 months. yep I'm that far behind in updating. I don't think I'll even try to update the pups taken off in that time. I haven't even been recording them in the notebook. only entering newbies but even that makes quite a few pages of names to be entered. I want to try to pull the plants together again so all the same one are in the same place. might even make dedicated areas like under the stairs which is a bit darker would make a good nidularium area. but then again in summer the sun can come through the stairs so not so dark then. hmm what to do.

the pics are 2 of the pitcairnias I got from Ross Little.1 is flammea and 2 is smithiorum. this should show you why I have taken to them. flowers can last for a long long time too.

Nev hope you feel better soon. Johnny is not well again. flu made a come back after our day of fishing. propably would have been better if I'd taken my shoes off and got my feet wet instead of him. he even spent most of today sleeping so that should tell you how unwell he is. And apparently Jen is also unwell with the flu. not even up to coming to the phone apparently although I haven't tried to phone. if she feels like Johnny she is probably resting up and napping.
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America