Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone
Mike I've never heard of alc tarawera. if you ever get a spare grass pup please let me know. I'd love to give that one a go. It looks like a nice red one. We put down seeds of edmundoa lindenii years ago before we realised we wouln't get variegated seedlings from it. they are getting very big now .... probably full grown almost. I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow and post it so you can see. they are looking really nice now so we may sell a few if anyone is interested in them at our sale.

We were going to have a sale next weekend until we hear the weather forcast. Westerly winds arrive on Friday so temps will plumet and winds will blow. anyone would think it is ekka time. oh yeh it is next week. westerlies are just on time. anyway our carport is open to the westerlies which will wistle through under the house and out the back so if we went ahead with the sale we'd have nowhere to hide from them. With Jen and Johnny both recovering from the flu I wouldn't like to see them victims of that cold wind so best postpone for a week. We've started setting up already too. If anyone turns up early we'll be ready for them. We had one group turn up today to see what we had. they got a few and said they'd be back next week. Johnny sold my vr racinae that I was waiting for a seed pod to pop so I could grow some. Gone now. I'll have to wait for next one to set seed.

We are starting to pick seed off a really special clone of nova at the moment. Very big with nice fat leaves. I've put down 1/3 of a seed pod which filled a large square plastic container. They go a long way don't they? I have 3 seed pods now so that means 8 more containers at least. don't know where we would put them when they growup.

Shirley is that vrisea one of ours? looks familiar. That fiesta looks a nice plant. We have sunday best and I think that one pups quite well. not like some of the other sunday's.
Pic 1 is ae macroclamys back in February when it started to flower and pic 2 is the other day. still looks OK after 6 months.

Best be off to bed now.

Night everyone.

Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America