Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Wow, wendy! What a bit of excitement. I think you did really well. I faint at the first sign of blood and would be no good in any emergency situation where there is a bleed involved. Your neighbour is a lucky man. What did he do with the poor homeless fish?
Bree, I hadn't noticed that little pot and you could be right. They would be pretty small. I grew a batch from seed a year or so ago, but I killed them by letting them dry out. I have a couple of mature ones in the pond that flower every year, so maybe I'll have another go this year?
Shirley, I actually did a bit of housework yesterday! Just the floors and a general pickup and it made a difference, until hubby got home in the evening and clumped through the house in his work boots! I could throttle him! I love Vriesea glutinosa. Have you flowered one yet? Its like V. splendens a bit. And how good are all the grass pups you get at the bottom!
I really didn't do alot outside, except to pot up a couple of palms that needed it, and I have a plan to start preparing plants for sale in spring, so have pots to clean, and will begin to fertilise lightly and keep my eyes out for scale and caterpillars e.t.c.
I am also about to make some more pavers, with rocks pushed into them, to continue to path from the back door to the clothesline. Hubby will help me build a bridge at some later stage, but while the weather is dry, its perfect for doing the ground work.
Tash, I forgot to get the pics of Thunderbird, but will try to remember today. If I go and look at them, i will remember, but no promises (today) although I will do it eventually.
Pic one is the pathway
pic two is a plant Leisa gave me, labelled as Carolinae tricolour, but its not?
pic three is Neo. 'De Rolph'
pic four is V. 'Kiwi Sunset' and 'Cream' and some fosterianas
pic five is one from Wendy which I think was ID'd recently as something other than what I thought, but I'll have to go chck again. It was Aechmea seideliana I think?
Sue

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America