Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
Good morning everyone. I hope that all are back on board soon! Nev, you've gone AWOl again! Colleen, hows your back? Karen, hope nothing is keeping you away. Mike, well I know you're busy and Tash, I put that pic of Thunderbird on for you, so you have to drop in. Jen, sorry to hear you've been unwell again. I hope it doesn't spoil your weekend?
Bree, thanks for the name on those Sundews. they must self seed, as I looked in the pond yesterday and there are still a couple there, looking perfectly ok. The Sarracenias are looking shabby, so I cut the old stems off. Is that the right thing to do? or should they die back naturally to feed the next generation? I've never tried Venus Fly Traps, but always thought they were a bit tricky. Its too tempting to tickle the traps to see them close, and then the plant is half dead!
Wendy, I agree with Shirley. Get to the doctors or chemist and get some relief. It sounds like yous have had a really nasty cold and flu strain doing the rounds.
shirley, it was supposed to rain here yesterday, but it managed about three drops and moved on, and today looks pretty special so far! Will try to get washing done and lawns mowed in case thats the last of the fine weather, but really, I feel quite on top of things. I DID enter the comp! heh heh, and now the pressures on! Nah. I don't care about winning, but it will be nice to show off my hard work. I'm just going to go through the different garden areas and do a general tidy up so that when the time comes for judging, theres not to much to do. I am also going to put out some colourful broms in the garden the day before the comp. I'd do it now, but they would get smashed by gum branches e.t.c in the next few weeks. I know other entrants go and buy a couple of hundred dollars worth of instant colour annuals in the days leading up to the judging, so I don't feel I am cheating, as at least I have grown these plants myself. Anyway, Shirley, I hope the winds aren't too severe and you have no damage, and can keep warm.
I'd best begin my day. Its a little earlier than usual of late, but I have alot to do!
Have a happy gardening/bromeliad weekend all, and think of me if you find something special to buy? heh heh. I could be AWOL myself, as I have a busy weekend lined up, but will drop in if time allows.
Sue
pic one is Nidularium 'Ra Ru'
pic two is vriesea 'Little chief'
pic three is Vriesea 'White Cloud', a gift from Jen some time back. Its quite small, and looks almost as if the white colouring is variegation.

This message was edited Aug 10, 2012 8:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America