Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: perke_patch picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright perke_patch

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
perke_patch wrote:
Hi everyone
The good news is the antibiotics worked very quickly. First one mid afternoon yesterday and I was able to have soup for tea and kept it. no problems last night. I woke up this morning feeling very well so when Jen rang I said I could go with her to a friends, who is having a sale and always offers us first pic of her plants. We didn't go until about lunchtime and I was already looking for a sit down then. I did a bit of potting this morning before she came and set up a couple of tables for our sale next weekend. So after a while at Sylvias house I started feeling off again and Jen said I went quite pale but didn't feel that bad. Tummy started to hurt a bit. I've worked out that I require small lots of liquids often to satisfy the tummy as once I'd had a yoghurt and cuppa tummy was fine. So I'm improving but I need to rest a lot.

Tash your silver plum could have come from Olive who got a lot of silver plums from Dillings when they came to brisbane for the last sale. what is left over after the sale is sold on rather than cart them back home. I saw a heap of their sps at Olive's last time we were over there. Our Bunnings and Big W don't seem to have much these days. We're lucky we can go to Olive's and buy direct or to any of the other places we have around here.

Nev it's good to see you back on again although we have communicated by email. Nev have you spoken to Kay recently? I only found out tonight about her hubby having a stroke. so sad for her. Hope things get better soon for her. My problems are nothing compared to hers.

Had to share a pic of a billbergia that has flowered for the first time for me. it is a species called eipperi. It is cold sensitive so I had it growing in the corner of the fence up high where it gets maximum afternoon sunshine. I love the way this one flowers. so different to other billbergias.

Pics: billbergia eipperi

Night all. bed is calling.
Wendy

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America