Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: weed_woman picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
weed_woman wrote:
morning Shirley, only us again? I saw a comment from Wendy on FB, so she is alive at least. I haven't heard from any of the others though. Maybe we are boring them? heh heh.
Your two Neos are beautiful. Those are two I don't have. I was after pemiento for ages, but I had N. 'Fosperior Perfection' and thought the two looked similar enough that I could live with just the one. Unfortunately I haven't got 'Perfection' anymore either, but it gives me something to look out or if I get a chance to go brom shopping. I think they are alot cheaper now than when I initially started collecting?
I know what you mean about the weeds. I got the bindii sprayed last week, and I think I can see a little bit of wilting going on. Its not fast enough though! I'll have to practise patience.
I got another paver made, and will pick up some more cement to finish the job before any bad weather comes our way. Now all I need is a big load of mulch to throw down around under the gums for a bit of a tidy. I can get fresh wood chip from a tree feller, so might get it delivered and let it sit for a few weeks, maybe with a bit of lime and fertiliser to break it down a bit? I still have a heap of branches on the western side of the property to pick up, but Hubby will help this weekend, as we will use the ute to transfer them across the yard to the bonfire heap.
Photo one is Vriesea saundersi coming into flower
photo two is Tillandsia fasciculata magnifica on top, and a freebie one flowering on the side, which I think, might be T. juncea?
Sue

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America