Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: pselders picture (Advice on transplanting hibiscus seedlings)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pselders

Subject: Advice on transplanting hibiscus seedlings

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Advice on transplanting hibiscus seedlings
pselders wrote:
Hi,
I need some guidence on transplanting my hibiscus seedlings please. I germinated 30 luna hibiscus seeds and 29 actually germinated. I just had them in my dining room window at first and they started getting really tall. I read about the stretching and decided they need more light so my husband built me a nice stand and rigged up a flouresant light fixture for me. They are still doing great but I'm affraid they may have grown to tall to have a nice sturdy stalk. I was wondering if I can transplant them all the way up to thier "true leaves" and snip off the bottom seedling leaves? I can't seem to find info on how deep I can plant them. Also, should I go ahead and start them off in gallon pots or in something smaller and graduate them to a bigger pot?
Thanks Pam

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America