Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Beginner Flowers: warriorswisdomkathy picture (suggestions on nice flowers/bushes etc I can plant?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: suggestions on nice flowers/bushes etc I can plant?

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of suggestions on nice flowers/bushes etc I can plant?
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Candy, another great tip for pictures is your local library. If you're truely interested...E-Bay sells gardening books (new and used). This spring I picked up many, many great books for as low as .99-4.00. There are many new ones in the 99 cent range...oh add shipping, usually about $3 ish. Pretty good...especially when you consider they were orrigionally selling for $24.95-49.95.

Another great resource is your: county (government pages in your phone book) extention office. Ask for someone in Horticulture. They can answer questions, send out thousands of articles about anything and everything to do with growing....almost anything. They are a government adgency devoted to helping any homeowner, garder, ranchers and farmers (wanna learn about chickens, lol, they have an ACTION REPORT, for that too). They are there as a public service to all, and don't get used as much as they should. Some of the people that work there are a wealth of info. for your local climate or region.

And of course, people here can help. Most have gardened for years, and we as a group have vast and varring experiences. Just realize most of us have differences as to climate, loves and hates, lol.....You have to first decide for yourself are you just landscaping or wanting to become a life long gardener. Because the want to start a garden can become a lifelong endevor that is more satisfing than one can imagine. And also realize all of us have had failures....don't dispare, there's always next year.........lol. I started out more than 20 years ago landscaping my new yard cuz it was cheaper to do it myself and many homes and years later I have my dream location to create my garden, (did you notice that I didn't say landscape my yard). I started out with just an average city lot 50X100ish and now........I have 5 acres here to lanscape to my hearts content......Welcome...Kathy.
last pix is 1/2 of my new border, others were of my garden and also 1 of the gardens I take care of for my daughter....

This message was edited Aug 20, 2012 10:56 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America