Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Plant Identification: nonconformist7 picture (CLOSED: Help with a couple more unknowns please!!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nonconformist7

Subject: CLOSED: Help with a couple more unknowns please!!

Forum: Plant Identification

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of CLOSED: Help with a couple more unknowns please!!
nonconformist7 wrote:
These are some of the plants that I rescued from a garden scrape, and some of them have just matured and/or started blooming. Some of them may not bloom at all this year, but it was from an overgrown garden whose owner said that she would just grab seeds and throw them all over her back yard. It actually looked very nice before she decided to plow it under.

#1 Started out smaller, and now had grown this big and doesn't seem to be doing anything else. About 1.5 round and 4-6" tall. More prostrate.
#2 there are three that are the same plant (this one and 4 & 5). At first I thought it was a poppy that I planted, but then it grew more and the leaves look like this. Fairly large and furry.
#3 is the same plant as #1 with some lemon balm, part of a hollyhock, columbine, oregano, alyssum, a daisy seed head, and some other misc. (looks like I found some more bindweed too)
#4 same plant as #2 zoomed out, with more of the random mix of plants surrounding it...and I think some snow on the mountain(Aegopodium 'Variegatum') as well.
#5 underside of the leaf of the plant in #2 & #4. (And more bindweed to pull! I'm going crazy with that stuff!!!)

**edited to indicate the right picture numbers--not sure how they got switched when it uploaded.

This message was edited Aug 24, 2012 10:25 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America