Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Sewing and Quilting: ladydragon5 picture (Dresden Plates Samplers, Now For the Fun Part)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ladydragon5

In reply to: Dresden Plates Samplers, Now For the Fun Part

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
ladydragon5 wrote:
I have received three of the plates and I think this is going to be really great. I do wish you all would put your names on the back of the fabric as I have trouble remembering what I got from who unless it is right in front of my face! This getting old is not fun when it comes to remembering things.

The first one is from Helene and the second is from Barb. I love the fall colors of the one Barb sent and it goes beautifully with the one from Kizmo that came today. Hers was all fall colors, too.

Kathy, thanks, too for the recipe for Peach Cobbler that you sent. I am really enjoying anything peach these day. One of our farmers introduced me to a new peach called Canadian Harmony and I just love it. Larger than a lot of peaches with a little thicker skin but so sweet and juicy that you will love to just sit and eat one. i also made freezer jam with it and have already gone through one of the jars.

I thought i would also send along a picture of the quilt I finished for my DS & DDL. Several of us at the sewing house worked on this pattern called Island chain and we each used different fabric and different sizes. Mine is queen size and so I had to add an extra row of chains to the outside as well as the borders. It is made with 20 different batiks and I had a hard time choosing that many to go together. It was supposed to be 40! but I knew that was not going to happen. I do love it and so do they. My son saw me working on it and called "DIBS!"

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America