Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: works4me picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

WOW … great to see so many brom addicts on the forum the last few days.

Sue, I would probably find watering the garden therapeutic if I had more time to do it. We seem to be out every day doing really fun things … like dentist and doctors’ appointments, physiotherapy and acupuncture, to name a few. We seem to be falling apart at the seams lately and we never seem to get time to do the things we like to do. I did water all my pots and broms today and that takes hours. Truth is, I have way too many plants … and yet I still want more, more, more.

Tash, great pics, love neo Jewellery Shop. Mine got burnt a while back and I thought I might lose it but it has come back and looks quite good now.

Bree, vr White Bands is lovely too and another one that I don’t have. There are just so many absolutely beautiful vrieseas and needless to say I would love to get them all.

Karen, nice pics, as always. Are you keeping well at the moment.

Nev, I agree that Mother Nature is great. I noticed a couple of wallabies today at the back of the house and a tiny little head sticking out of mum’s pouch. Really makes you appreciate living away from suburbia. That’s certainly a lot of seedlings you have there. And dare I ask, what is the ‘VOMIT’ club ... I imagine the ‘T’ stands for till ... please explain !!!

Jen, great to see you back, hope you are over your flu bug. Love your vriesea pics. I have a vriesea which I purchased as ‘Big Red’ but it is quite different from yours. I will add a pic. Love the vr Galaxy I got from you. Your vr Jungle Jade and vr Pink Sensation are just gorgeous too. If ever you have a spare pup of either, I would love the buy them.

Just curious to know what size collections everyone has. I know Nev told me a while back he thought he had about 1500 and I know Wendy and Johnny’s collection is huge. I have a small collection by comparison, around 250 and wonder how many broms other forum members have.

Anyway, that’s it for me, bye for now

Shirley

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America