Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: ianperry picture (BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of BROMELIADS FOR NOVICES & ADDICTS JULY & AUGUST 2012
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, Just read through Nev's book again and this time it has got pictures. It is very close to what I have been doing. I got mould on my first attempt and painted each seed with vinegar. It killed the mould and had no harmful effects on the seedlings. I still don't understand why they got mouldy but some of the others have. I have also tried a dry mix of coco peat and seed raising mix, 50/50 and spray the seeds in with miltons baby bottle sterilizer tablets with reasonable success. The seeds are a little slower to germinate and need a weekly watering in.
I have at last count 300 different broms, but then I have had a few trips away and a few group meetings since then. I also have a heap of unnamed ones as well.I have to do a stocktake soon and check on my labeling system.The name tags keep either fading or dissapearing and I am not ready to engrave permanent name tags as yet.
I put some photos on my computer yesterday and the computer has them hidden from me at this moment. I will find them eventually.I remember the file name but cannot access it. Found some more instead.
Have a good one.
Ian
Black Magic 1 Macintosh2 NOID3 forgotten4 Ebb Tide.5

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America