Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

BugFiles How-to's: khooleo picture (Coreid Bugs attacking bamboo. Bug spray is not working!)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright khooleo

Subject: Coreid Bugs attacking bamboo. Bug spray is not working!

Forum: BugFiles How-to's

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Coreid Bugs attacking bamboo. Bug spray is not working!
khooleo wrote:
About a week ago we began noticing these bugs on young bamboo shoot. The original bamboo clump which is about 3 years old and has never been attacked before. The new shoot is about half a foot away from the main clump.

They are also attracting ants with the liquid they secrete and the bamboo shoot is stunted. We tried spraying them with conventional bug spray but they come back after a day or so. I have seen nymphs small and large,some developing wings and a whopping adult. (shown on pic attached.)

Please help and thanks in advance. I do not know if garbage enzyme works but my batch is only ready in 2 month's time. Gah!

Sorry, will shift to appropriate forum!

This message was edited Sep 2, 2012 10:39 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America