Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: teddy_8905 picture (Soaking seeds)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright teddy_8905

In reply to: Soaking seeds

Forum: Seed Germination

bookmark
Back to post
Photo of Soaking seeds
teddy_8905 wrote:
I thought that I would try to grow some moonflower seeds inside this winter. I got this plate and the wet paper towels, does this look like a good idea? I have the flourescent bulb in the light so it won't cook the seeds. It would be nice to have some big white blooms inside this winter while the snow is falling and the temperatures are very cold, I also have some in a big container that I am going to try to convince my hubby to let me bring in when it gets cold, I have had a hard time trying to post pics here but I will post a pic of the pot, I forgot how many I put in the pot, but there are quite a few, I figured if I just get one to germinate and grow and bloom that will make me very happy. I have been reading up on them, you know how I get! And they say that you can get germination by puttting them between two paper towels and keep them wet. And this is what I came up with, any advice and suggestions would be helpful, the big pot is in the back yard where the sun can help with the growing at least until the snow flies, hopefully they will grow enough to put out blooms if I move them into the house. Here is a picture of the pot, the seeds are in there I just don't know where exactly.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America