Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: Kizmo picture (SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kizmo

In reply to: SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??
Kizmo wrote:
Kristen decided she wanted new shopping bags, so I went thru that big pile of scraps on my cutting table and came up with these. The first one was 2.5" patchwork of pinks, browns, creams, but I lost the picture to that one and she has it in IN. It had iron-on interfacing between the front and liner, which stiffened it up a little and pockets on the front and inside.

These two I decided to try SITD and outline quilting with pieces of leftover battings on the fronts, then added a liner as well.The red/brown one has a pocket on the inside, and 80/20 batting. Not real stiff, but sturdy enough for groceries. The other with the green patches has no pockets, mid-loft poly batting and stands up on its own. Both were basically cut 16x19, then I experimented with the width of the bottoms.

I went by a video that I saved from Harwood site, many good ideas and tutorials on quilting, cooking, etc. The tote bag tutorial has 2 videos. She also has some really nice table runners listed also:

http://www.harwoodpodcast.com/letsquilt/lets-quilt-26-tote-b...

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America