I make this every year for Christmas
Gifts for my relatives and they love it.
The Wild Grapes are small and it's a tedious
job getting the stems off, but the final product
is well worth the work.
Lin's Wild Grape Jam
3 lbs. Wild Grapes
3 cups water
4 1/2 cups sugar
1 package of Liquid Pectin
Prep time: 1 day
1.In large saucepan, crush grapes with potato masher, pour in water and bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes or until fruit is soft.
3.Transfer grapes to jelly bag or colander lined with a double thickness of fine cheesecloth
and let drip over night.
1.Measure juice, you should have 3 cups, into a large heavy sauce pan, stir in sugar.
2. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in pectin.
4. Return to full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat and skim off foam with a metal spoon.
6. Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/8 inch head space.
7. Make sure your jar rims are clean, place jar lids and bands on jars.
8. Place jars in water bath for 10 minutes or I have turned my jars upside
down for 15 minutes, either way check to make sure they have sealed.