Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Sewing and Quilting: Kizmo picture (SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kizmo

In reply to: SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??
Kizmo wrote:
is that what I heard?????? LOL I've always wondered about those small machines at WM.. that's why I've not joined a group or taken classes around here yet, as I don't have a portable machine. I've looked at those, but wasn't sure how long they would hold up. Basically all I would need for class would be a straight stitch or one with basic ZZ and maybe a blanket stitch? Maybe an old hand crank like the one Mom bought me for Christmas one year... ;-)
Not to be nosy, just wondering..... what kind of office do you work in that you can sew while you work? I was reading somewhere on a diet blog that a lady does all her squats, leg lifts and arm toners at her desk... guess I haven't been in too many offices to see how all this works! How nice that you can sew at work, though! That would be a prime job for me, too!
On another subject, I still haven't decided on a quilt for the niece's black, red and white.. although I did find some ABC123 print at the LQS today. The print lends itself to small blocks, wondering if I can incorporate each one into a tumbling block design, using one side of the block with this print, then the other 2 sides with dark and medium blenders in red, blue, yellow and oranges? The print has a whitish background, so I could use that as my light side. Then maybe incorporate black into the border with piano keys of the black and blenders? The girl at the dentist office suggested RWB Irish Chain, which would be really cool too, but not 'baby' enough for me. I'd make one of those and probably keep it... LOL
Little Annabella's quilt will be pink and purple butterflies,,, haven't started on that one either. Not enough time in the day...
By the way, on a search today for pattern ideas, I ran into this Amish Country Lane site that offers quilts for sale. And wow, the RWB Star on the first pic is awesome!!! The second one was another site, forgot to note on my save folder, but love it too.
The other two block quilts are being considered.....

http://www.amishcountrylanes.com/Pages/hs5071.shtml

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America