Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Sewing and Quilting: Kizmo picture (SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Kizmo

In reply to: SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??

Forum: Sewing and Quilting

bookmark
<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SEPTEMBER part 1, WHAT are we working on??
Kizmo wrote:
I kept thinking on that one, Karen... bigger blocks, quicker to put together, scrap buster (and my hubby says I really need to 'bust my scraps...', he couldn't find something on my cutting table yesterday...LOL) on the border. The 3rd pic fits the size of the print, once I fussy cut them out, but the last pic would need appliqued. I'm weighing my options at this point..especially since it has that key border, and I really like those on kids quilts!
A lady at WM said she had made a tumbling block and it wasn't too bad after you made the first few, so I figured I could attempt at least one to see. One of these days I'd love to do one with a black background.... as long as I can get the pretty black Amish fabric from Keepsake, absolutely love the feel and the depth of color to it.
I found a WOW fabric at the LQS that had baby bottles, pacifiers, etc pattern, so cute, but $$... LOL but I bought some anyway, couldn't resist.. The first pic resembles a tumbling block, but is made in blocks by sewing the yellow and blue triangle corners onto the red square. that would be easy-peasy I think. The butterfly is from McCalls, Sondra posted one that she had made earlier, but without the little hearts on the dresden wings. Kristen picked out the pinks and purples while she was here, and I have some baby blues and greens to add here and there. Just need to get started cutting wedges..

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America