Photo by Melody

Beginner Flowers: thelabaffs picture (Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright thelabaffs

Subject: Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?
thelabaffs wrote:
I got some bulbs growing wild last spring on a rock ledge in about an inch of dirt in east texas / lake livingston last year. They were small dark yellow flowers with bright red centers Only one bloomed this spring and I missed it ( so no picture to share), so I went back last week to see if I could get a couple more. I was surprised to see there were a bunch about to bloom (which surprised me as before they bloomed in spring), so I dug some up. Turns out they were different than the ones I got last spring as these look like miniature white tulips. There are pink stripes on the underside of three petals on most of these. Only a few are solid white on the underside. All have the little yellow centers. Can someone tell me what these are.

I also have these little yellow bulbs I bought. I was told these were hurricane lillies, but they aren't. Would have been able to tell if had been blooming when I bought them. A friend said she thought they were daylillies. Can someone confirm? The yellow and red bulbs I mentioned at the beginning looked kind of like these but with red centers so if you know what they might be let me know so I can look them up.

All of these are bulbs and have flower seed pods when the flowers are done. Thanks to the community!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America