Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beginner Flowers: thelabaffs picture (Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright thelabaffs

Subject: Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?

Forum: Beginner Flowers

bookmark
<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Are these white mini tulips and yellow daylillies?
thelabaffs wrote:
I got some bulbs growing wild last spring on a rock ledge in about an inch of dirt in east texas / lake livingston last year. They were small dark yellow flowers with bright red centers Only one bloomed this spring and I missed it ( so no picture to share), so I went back last week to see if I could get a couple more. I was surprised to see there were a bunch about to bloom (which surprised me as before they bloomed in spring), so I dug some up. Turns out they were different than the ones I got last spring as these look like miniature white tulips. There are pink stripes on the underside of three petals on most of these. Only a few are solid white on the underside. All have the little yellow centers. Can someone tell me what these are.

I also have these little yellow bulbs I bought. I was told these were hurricane lillies, but they aren't. Would have been able to tell if had been blooming when I bought them. A friend said she thought they were daylillies. Can someone confirm? The yellow and red bulbs I mentioned at the beginning looked kind of like these but with red centers so if you know what they might be let me know so I can look them up.

All of these are bulbs and have flower seed pods when the flowers are done. Thanks to the community!

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America