Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Beekeeping: passiflora_pink picture (Question for bee experts: What is going on with these bees?)

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright passiflora_pink

Subject: Question for bee experts: What is going on with these bees?

Forum: Beekeeping

bookmark
Back to postNext photo >>>
Photo of Question for bee experts: What is going on with these bees?
passiflora_pink wrote:
I have a butterfly bush that seems to be intoxicating to bees. Whenever I check the blossoms there are lethargic bees on the flowers...they appear drugged! One morning before dawn I picked some flowers from the shrub and brought them in and a bumblebee was "sleeping" on the blossoms so I took it outside and brushed it off. Since then I check every day and there are honeybees and bumblebees all motionless or moving slowly along the blossoms. I can pick the flowers and the bees just sit there. Here is a photo of 2 bumblebees but there is a honeybee on the other side. I have not used pesticides in my garden and no nearby shrubs seem to affect them the same way. I assume the bees recover because when I brush them off the plant they are soon gone.

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America